Thursday, December 1, 2011

Pear Dessert

I am very happy with this new dessert I have been working on. It is a bartlett pear and vanilla bean mousse that is aerated with NO2 and then dispense into a vacuum. It is a very aerated and fun to eat mousse. I love CT pears and I am so tired of restaurants poaching them or making crisps with them. I like them barely touched or manipulated. They are delicious with floral flavors such as honey. So in this dessert I serve the mousse with a vanilla-pear pate de fruit that is cut very thin. I serve it with raw pears, an acacia honey foam  and honey flavored kataifi. The kataifi is a form of phyllo dough that is shredded and looks beautiful on a plate and it also goes very well with honey. To add to the floral flavors I made an elderflower sorbet that is flavored with St. Germain liquor. The sorbet is very soft and has a very delicate flavor. The dessert also has a lychee puree. Whenever I eat canned lychees they remind me of more floral canned pears so I thought the combination would be perfect. Pear, vanilla, honey. Simple flavors that remind me of being a kid again.

No comments:

Post a Comment