Thursday, December 1, 2011

Nutella


This is truly my favorite dessert to eat. It is very inspired by my italian-american roots. What is better than nutella on toast? That is the inspiration for this dessert. The baker at the copper beech inn makes the most incredible baguettes I have ever eaten. Seriously. So I wanted to use them in a dessert. I make a cocoa baguette crisp that is the "toast" on the dessert. The main component is a classic italian semi-freddo made with valhrona manjari chocolate. It is served with a valhrona chocolate cremeux, or custard. It also has a rye streusel, a nutella ganache and toasted hazelnuts. In my hometown of New Haven, many of the italian pastry shops use a lot of ricotta cheese in their desserts, especially cannolis. So I make a ricotta gelato using Calabro Ricotta cheese. The cheese making company is literally about a mile away from my house and they arguably make the best ricotta cheese ever. This dish pays homage to all the italian-americans in New Haven who love dessert. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment